Beverly is a Long-time Grand Island resident. She is a successful independent businesswoman, Beverly personifies the cornerstones of a good work ethic; namely, hard work and dependability. She demonstrated this dedication as president of the Grand Island Chamber of Commerce, successfully leading that organization for three years and serving on its executive board for more than fourteen. She took great pride in making the Citizen of the Year Awards Dinner one of the Chamber’s most successful events, acting as chair from 1998 to 2010. Beverly has a hands-on approach to public service and will make the same commitment to the office of Town Council.
In 2005, Beverly was one of the first appointees to the newly established Economic Development Advisory Board. She was instrumental in developing many of the Town’s marketing tools. Beverly believes that promoting economic development while still maintaining the Island’s distinctive environment is essential. As a member of several Town Advisory committees, her non-partisanship has never let politics keep her from making the best decisions for Grand Island.
Beverly’s life includes her large extended family. Realizing the importance of a safe, family friendly town has led to her involvement in many family oriented events and organizations. Maintaining and enhancing programs available to the people of Grand Island will have a prominent position on her agenda.
• Town Grand Island Economic Development Advisory Board (14yrs)
• R-2 Zoning Committee for the Town of Grand Island (Deputy Chair)
• Fairway Greens of River Oaks Home Owners Association Board (Vice- President))
• Professional Women’s Chapter of NYS Women’s Inc.(Vice-President)8yrs
• PROI Foundation for Cancer Research (Development Director) (5 years)
• Relay for Life Grand Island Chamber Team (10 yrs)
• Light Up the Blvd Event Committee member
• KidBiz Committee (18 yrs)
• Youth Ambassador (past member) (12 yrs)
• VFW Women’s Auxillary (3 yrs)
• Grand Island Chamber of Commerce 14 yrs (past President)
• Town of Grand Island Long Range Planning Committee
• 'Citizen of the Year' for Community Service (Chamber 2013)
• Outstanding Leadership’ (Chamber 2007)
• ‘Effective Leadership’ (2008) ORT Award, G.I. Professional Women
• Outstanding Leadership’ (2010), Chamber Board of Director
Citations & Proclamations: 2008, 2007 & 2013
• Grand Island Town Board
• Past Legislator Michele Iannello-Ward
• Former County Executive Chris Collins
• Former Assemblyman Sam Hoyt
• Congresswoman Louise Slaughter.